VCM 565: Biostatistics, Information Management, and Data Analytics for Livestock Production Systems
Learn to use statistical models in a veterinary context. Emphasizes use of computerized statistical software in biomedical data analysis. Topics include data collection and organization, data cleaning, data visualization, descriptive statistics, reliability, sample size estimation, analysis of group differences, correlation and linear regression.
Preview the syllabus here.
Learn to apply statistical methods to epidemiology, clinical and diagnostic medicine, and laboratory biomedical experiments.
What You'll Learn
- Identify data types and organize and navigate the data to facilitate analysis of the data.
- Describe data using appropriate metrics.
- Determine if a difference exists between two or more groups though the application of the appropriate test.
- Identify relationships between two or more variables though the application of the appropriate test.
- Design a simple prospective study to determine the difference between two groups.
This course is an approved elective for the Master of Veterinary Science Degree.