Instructor: Dr. James Lowe (email@example.com)
Contact for Help: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learners will possess the knowledge required to determine a herd current disease status applying sampling and testing strategies.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define the health status of your herd with confidence.
- Determine the sample size for detecting the presence and prevalence of disease.
- Understand how common diagnostic tests work best and how to account for sampling errors.
- Defining the status of the herd in a systematic way
- Applying an enhanced case definition to understanding herd status
- Understanding common diagnostic tests to assess herd status
- Strategies and interpretation of diagnostic tests
- The philosophy of sampling approaches
- Understanding prevalence and confidence to determine sample size
- Practical considerations when using sampling to detect pathogens
- Using sampling to detect homogeneous and heterogeneous pathogen distributions
- Using the Sample Size Tool Box Spreadsheet
Mode of Teaching
alt link: https://online.vetmed.illinois.edu/Detecting-Disease