Integrated Animal Health Sciences Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
Your Door to an Animal Health Career
Our online Post-Baccalaureate certificate in Integrated Animal Health Sciences instills foundational skills for success in the veterinary medicine, industry, research, and more.
What is a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate?
Our post-Baccalaureate certificate in Integrated Animal Health Sciences is designed around the concepts of student success, active learning in community, career and professional development, leadership, and teamwork. Specific courses are focused on building participant confidence and competency in critical thinking, communication, and problem solving of animal health challenges. The required credit coursework involves classes in bioveterinary structure and function, clinical microbiology, infectious disease, host homeostasis and responses to health challenges.
You can complete the certificate while working full time. Courses are entirely online, lasting 8 weeks each. If you start in August 2022 there will be two required courses for fall semester. You will finish in May 2023 after completing two courses in spring semester.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a transcript and certificate from the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine to show future employers or admission committees.
This program is for you if you are seeking to:
- strengthen your veterinary or graduate school application
- build a strong foundation for success in veterinary or graduate school
- explore a new career in the animal health industry
- pursue new professional opportunities in animal health research and development
- develop your confidence or competence in critical thinking in solving animal health problems
- further your animal health or bioveterinary science education while working full time
What sets this program apart?
- Active learning strategies to help you integrate basic science knowledge into clinical and scientific reasoning and problem solving
- An emphasis on team work and learning with classmates
- A focus on the vital information and technical capabilities you need to advance your career
- Personalized support for your advancement and career planning
What will this program do for me?
- Transcript of Science courses from the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine
- Build confidence and competence needed for a career in animal health
- Develop knowledge and skills that will be useful in graduate or health professional school
- Chance to improve your Science GPA for veterinary school admissions
Want to learn more information about the program?
We are happy to schedule a call with you.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Cost and Timeline
The cost per credit-hour is $726. Online students are not subject to any additional fees for services.
Apply by July 13
Course 1 - VCM 507: Veterinary Form and Function - runs August 23 to October 14, 2022
Course 2 - VCM 509: Biology of Veterinary Pathogens - runs October 17 to December 15, 2022
Course 3 - VCM 511: Science of Health Evaluation - runs January 17 to March 10, 2023
Course 4 - VCM 513: Science of Health Homeostasis - runs March 13 to May 12, 2023
Certificate awarded May 2023
Springboard to a Master of Veterinary Science degree
Completion of the post-baccalaureate certificate can count toward the hours needed for your Master of Veterinary Science (MVS) degree at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine.
Upon admission into the MVS degree program, you may petition for the 12 credit-hours from the post-baccalaureate to count towards your degree. The MVS degree program requires 32 credit-hours. You could earn a Master of Veterinary Science after successfully completing the remaining 20 credit-hours.
You would graduate with a Master of Veterinary Science with a certificate in Integrated Animal Health Sciences.